Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bite of Oregon



I was really excited to go to Bite of Oregon today, but I was not at all pleased to pay $8 for admission. I know it is all going to the Special Olympics. But if I were donating, I would rather donate to the school for disable kids or other education or health organizations. and $8 – come on, we are in a damn recession.

Another aspect - I thought there might be a lot $2-$5 sample-size dishes, but not really. A lot of them were meal-size deals.
But thumbs up to North 45 and H5O, as well as the desert stands. Although, I got full before I was about to get a Marionberry Pie.

I think it was a good event to go if you like wine tasting, because there were a lot of wine and beer stands. I think the wine out numbered food. Too bad, I had to drive myself home, so no alcohol.

Another upside was the entertainment. The musician and the circus people were really good and entertaining.

I think I spend a little bit too much there.

(The pictures are the mussel plate from North 45. It was really good.)

No comments: